The Transportation Specialist is responsible for Anatolia compliance to all rules and regulations (including Amendments) and sourcing carriers/partners for outbound shipments throughout Canada and the US. This position builds and maintain exceptional relationships with various transportation companies with specific focus on securing and managing shipments and costs in the best interests of Anatolia. The Transportation Specialist will work closely with members of the warehouse, logistics, and supply chain teams to ensure the timely customs process for import and export clearance as well as carrier onboarding for outbound shipments to meet commitments to customers.
- Source new freight companies and receive quotes for rate comparisons ensuring the most competitive prices and terms are negotiated and reached
- Maintain Account Payable and Accounts Receivable Freight Rates
- Manages carrier score cards proactively to maximize efficiencies and optimize costs
- Works collaboratively with carriers on charge backs and solidifies approvals proactively
- Organize special ad-hoc shipment costs effectively by collecting bids from various carriers to get the best price at the highest service level
- Regularly performs data mining activities and information analysis as required
- Responsible for maintaining SAP, KPIs and creating reports and/or scorecards
- Assists with special projects and perform other duties as assigned
- Measure and improve logistics processes to deliver supply chain KPI targets On-Time Delivery %, cost, carrier performance, etc.)
- Additional duties, as assigned
- Post-secondary education required in Logistics or a related field required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working in a fact paced logistics or warehousing type of environment with high SKU count
- Demonstrated experience working with carriers and managing a variety of load variations pertaining to the import and distribution industry
- Proficient with MS Office database systems (specifically Excel) required
- Proficiency with SAP is will be considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability and capability to work within tight and changing deadlines
- Ability to collect, review, organize, interpret, and present logical data and information with effectiveness
- High attention to detail, results oriented, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience and ability working with extremely complex information as related to analysis, problem solving, and develop effective solutions
- Demonstrated ability to receive nominal direction regarding work responsibilities, discretion and judgement must be exercised in translating broad organizational goals into specific objectives
- Demonstrated ability to provide direction regarding somewhat complex work that has general objectives
- Demonstrated understanding that work contributions have a direct influence beyond the immediate department and as such duties can result in significant loss time, financial loss and effect the morale of other employees
- Demonstrated ability to provide a moderate amount of creative or innovation in carrying out duties.
- Creative problem solving is encouraged but not integral to the position.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and collectively across the organization, customers, suppliers, or others outside the organization.
- Capability working with external and internal customers, discovering and comprehending their needs and providing efficient and effective support
- Understanding that work efforts will have a moderate effect on the employer brand or public reputation, as such behaviour and communications shall be professional and accurate at all times
- Most work is performed in a standard office environment with limited exposure to adverse conditions or health and safety risks
- Position requires low level of sustained visual attention, moderate manual dexterity on a regular basis with sitting at length
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Anatolia is a C-TPAT facility, and as such, successful candidates who receive an offer of employment are subject to applicable background checks (criminal, credit, references and employment verification). Anatolia is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. Anatolia will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known in advance. Interested applicants should submit their updated resume and application form on or before the posting deadline closes. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those meeting the minimum qualifications will be interviewed.
Successful candidates who are offered positions with our organization will be required to provide references and, depending on the specific role, may be subject to criminal and education background checks. Candidates requiring accommodation at any point during the recruitment process are encouraged to make their accommodation needs known. For additional information on requesting an accommodation, refer to our AODA Integrated Standard, available under the Corporate Compliance section of our website.
Vaughan, ON, L4H 4Z
Tel: 1.905.771.3800 / toll free: 1.877.311.3434
Fax: 1.905.771.6300 / toll free: 1.866.324.1838
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.