Location: Port Wentworth, GA
Department: Information Technology
Salary: BOE $80-95k
Shift: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
The Senior System & Network Administrator is responsible for architecting, configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting all corporate IT infrastructure related systems, network and security. This role works closely with the mid/junior level members of the IT Team in providing training and guidance as required, and is responsible for ensuring the optimal system and network uptime and performance, and the maximum protection against cybersecurity threats.
• Architect, design, implement, monitor and support corporate IT infrastructure, including, but not limit to, WAN, LAN, VPN, internet connectivity, intranet, cybersecurity, wired/wireless connectivity, servers, storage, and virtualization technology
• Proactively monitor the health of network, storage, and servers to ensure the maximum uptime and optimal performance for LAN / Wireless LAN / WAN / VPN / Servers / Storage
• Identify the potential cybersecurity risks and vulnerabilities, research, suggest and implement the most cost-effective protection measures
• Sets up and manages servers, firewall boxes, routers, switches, wireless LAN controller and access points. Ensure maximum uptime for LAN/Wireless LAN/WAN (VPN)
• Responsible for the development, maintenance and testing of disaster recovery plans, hardware maintenance and lifecycle planning for the software, hardware and networking assets
• Keep up-to-date knowledge in industry trends and best practices. Provide training to other team members
• Ensures all supported software programs are maintained and utilized properly
• Assists with user requests when required to ensure an appropriate level of internal customer service is achieved
• Reasonable availability during off-hours for new system implementation/upgrade, server and network maintenance
• When needed, provide assistance to the Help Desk support team
• Performs other duties as assigned
This position also includes:
• Demonstrated experience and ability working with complex information that involve unrelated processes and methods using different variations in daily routine
• Demonstrated accountability for quality, accuracy and adherence to work instructions with discretion required when exercising duties within pre-determined limits and procedures
• Demonstrated capability to work with minimal direction regarding routine work that has vague or no affiliated process instructions as well as working to resolve complicated issues
• Demonstrated understanding that work contributions have some influence beyond the immediate department and as such duties are executed with care, accuracy and compliance to instructions
• Demonstrated ability to proactively come up with creative/innovative solutions and generate new ideas as nature of work requires a moderate degree of creativity/innovation in carrying out duties.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other departments as interactions are generally with peers within the work area
• Capable of interacting with internal and/or external customers, providing them with correct information, straightforward support and common courtesy
• Understanding that work efforts may have a minor impact on the employer brand and public reputation and as such ensure that behavior and communications shall be professional and accurate at all times
• Post-Secondary Degree in an Information Technology related discipline required
• A minimum of 4 to 7 years of relevant experience required with advanced level of expertise in computer systems, networking and cybersecurity required
• Extensive experience troubleshooting network, server, storage, backups, firewall, router, switch configuration and virtualization platform is required
• VMWare configuration, administration, and optimization required
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, ensuring deadlines are met on time and on budget
• Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others of all levels within the organization
• Demonstrated experience and ability working with complex information as related to analysis, problem solving, and reasoning to provide substantial opportunity for planning and intellectual challenge
• Must be adaptive to technical change and be able and willing to acquire new skills to support new business application
• Understanding of project management an asset
• All work is performed in a standard office environment with limited exposure to adverse conditions or health and safety risks
• Position requires moderate level of sustained visual attention, moderate manual dexterity on a regular basis with sitting at length.
• Occasionally working at heights for installing and maintaining network infrastructure is required and proper safety procedure must be followed when working at height
• Work requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Anatolia is a C-TPAT facility, and as such, successful candidates who receive an offer of employment are subject to applicable background checks (criminal, credit, references and employment verification). Anatolia is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. Anatolia will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known in advance. Interested applicants should submit their updated resume and application form on or before the posting deadline closes.
At Anatolia we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those meeting the minimum qualifications will be interviewed.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Anatolia is a C-TPAT facility, and as such, successful candidates who receive an offer of employment are subject to applicable background checks (criminal, credit, references and employment verification). Anatolia is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. Anatolia will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known in advance. Interested applicants should submit their updated resume and application form on or before the posting deadline closes. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those meeting the minimum qualifications will be interviewed.
Successful candidates who are offered positions with our organization will be required to provide references and, depending on the specific role, may be subject to criminal and education background checks. Candidates requiring accommodation at any point during the recruitment process are encouraged to make their accommodation needs known. For additional information on requesting an accommodation, refer to our AODA Integrated Standard, available under the Corporate Compliance section of our website.
Vaughan, ON, L4H 4Z
Tel: 1.905.771.3800 / toll free: 1.877.311.3434
Fax: 1.905.771.6300 / toll free: 1.866.324.1838
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.