Location: Port Wentworth, GA
Compensation: $41k - 45k Annual Salary BOE
Shift: Mon - Fri 7am - 3:30pm
- Coordinate and conduct new hire and existing employees Environmental Health and Safety training.
- Develop and implement new safety training policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and conduct Safety Task Force meetings.
- Purchase all Safety-First Aid kit supplies and Safety Equipment.
- Identify existing and/or potential hazards of a job through Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) in order to reduce or eliminate those hazards.
- Maintain safety policies and procedures on the Savannah Intranet
- Investigate worker’s compensation accidents and near-miss incidents.
- Maintain all biohazard receptacles and schedule biohazard pickup (quarterly) with specified vendor.
- Monitor and manage hazardous waste in satellite accumulation and storage areas to ensure hazardous waste regulations are upheld.
- Understand and conduct Tier II reporting
- Understand and maintain SPCC Plans, records, and training.
- Understand and maintain Stormwater Plans, required reporting, recordkeeping and training.
- Understand and conduct DOT training.
- Coordinate with Director of Compliance on development and implementation of haz mat procedures and policies.
- Conduct RCRA training.
- Review accident and incident reports to determine recordkeeping and reporting requirements for OSHA 300/300A logs. Maintain incident review team reports and OSHA Logs.
- Update and maintain Safety Data Sheet (SDS) portal and conduct SDS audits
- Conduct HAZWOPER training with Contingency Plan training.
- Keep department heads and managers informed of any hazards and/or safety issues/concerns
- Adhere to the Anatolia T+S safety policy and procedures
- Follow prescribed safety regulations
- Maintains an optimal level of product quality and adheres to Anatolia T+S Quality Program
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree; Bachelor’s Degree preferred in environmental science, occupational safety, or related field
- Professional certification and/or registration may be used in lieu of advanced degree
- Experience with federal, state, and local safety regulations
- At least 2 years in a manufacturing environment, or experience in OSHA general industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required; Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills, organizational skills and time management skills
- Ability to work with little to no supervision, multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills for working with diverse populations
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with individuals al all levels of the organization
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 lbs. occasionally;
- Follows prescribed safety guidelines in accordance to Anatolia T+S Safety program;
- Use required PPE
- Have a positive “can do” attitude and a “sense of accountability”
- Must be a fast learner, driven and self-motivated; strive towards continuous improvement;
- Ability to adapt to improved Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain an optimal level of product quality and adhere to the Anatolia T+S’s Quality Program
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Anatolia is a C-TPAT facility, and as such, successful candidates who receive an offer of employment are subject to applicable background checks (criminal, credit, references and employment verification). Anatolia is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. Anatolia will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known in advance. Interested applicants should submit their updated resume and application form on or before the posting deadline closes. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those meeting the minimum qualifications will be interviewed.
Successful candidates who are offered positions with our organization will be required to provide references and, depending on the specific role, may be subject to criminal and education background checks. Candidates requiring accommodation at any point during the recruitment process are encouraged to make their accommodation needs known. For additional information on requesting an accommodation, refer to our AODA Integrated Standard, available under the Corporate Compliance section of our website.
Vaughan, ON, L4H 4Z
Tel: 1.905.771.3800 / toll free: 1.877.311.3434
Fax: 1.905.771.6300 / toll free: 1.866.324.1838
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.