- Plans and implements a daily, weekly, monthly and annual schedule of preventative maintenance activities to ensure facility and equipment are safe and in good working order.
- Ensures all required Codes (Building, Fire, Elevator, and Electrical) are achieved to compliance requirements and inspections and tests are performed with required frequency and attention.
- Ensures all material handling equipment is managed and maintained in good working order, inspected, tested and PM performed in accordance with recommended manufacturer guidelines.
- Daily activities include manpower assignment scheduling, creation of preventative maintenance and maintenance schedules, inspecting operating equipment and environment of the working area(s) to maintain standards.
- Instructs staff to perform or contact outside vendors to perform minor building, electrical, plumbing and equipment repair services to ensure the optimum functioning of facility and equipment.
- Identifies and investigates deficiencies and equipment malfunctions and takes appropriate corrective action;
- Ensures safety by regularly maintaining equipment and furniture.
- Works closely with the Warehouse, HR and Capital teams to minimize machine downtime by identifying root cause, ensuring timeliness of repairs, coordinating necessary support and following up on corrective actions to avoid recurrence or future breakdowns.
- Ensures an unwavering commitment to quality and safety through the regular delivery of training, process improvement and problem solving. Evaluates, plans and implements changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work.
- Regularly transfers overall company objectives into specific activities for the team to achieve.
- Promotes and complies with and enforces health, safety, environmental and quality standards, SOPs, good housekeeping practices, and the observance of protective equipment requirements at all times; performs regular workplace inspections, accident investigations, and proactively corrects unsafe acts or conditions.
- Continually looks for ways to reduce and eliminate scrap/waste, including but not limited to areas such as set-up, start-up, change-over, scheduling, production and personnel planning.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of progressive experience in Maintenance in Manufacturing or Warehouse environment.
- Large Distribution Center Maintenance experience preferred.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a technical discipline and/or skilled trades certificate preferred
- Solid understanding of workplace health and safety requirements and various applicable Codes pertaining to people, processes and equipment.
- Demonstrated track record of high performing leadership, fostering an environment of teamwork and common goals.
- Strong knowledge of Preventative Maintenance, Mechanical/Electrical Systems, Material Handling Equipment, and other warehousing and production equipment.
- Prior experience managing building services including janitorial, property maintenance, and HVAC systems.
- Proven multi-tasker, with a self-motivated and efficient approach to driving a successful production team.
- Demonstrated success in driving culture change in a positive direction.
- Warehouse Automation considered an asset
- Strong computer skills, specifically MS Office is required.
- Demonstrates accountability, integrity, flexibility, adaptability, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Leads by influencing others, building alignment, maintaining effective relationships, and communicating with effectiveness.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Anatolia is a C-TPAT facility, and as such, successful candidates who receive an offer of employment are subject to applicable background checks (criminal, credit, references and employment verification). Anatolia is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. Anatolia will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known in advance. Interested applicants should submit their updated resume and application form on or before the posting deadline closes. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those meeting the minimum qualifications will be interviewed.
Successful candidates who are offered positions with our organization will be required to provide references and, depending on the specific role, may be subject to criminal and education background checks. Candidates requiring accommodation at any point during the recruitment process are encouraged to make their accommodation needs known. For additional information on requesting an accommodation, refer to our AODA Integrated Standard, available under the Corporate Compliance section of our website.
Vaughan, ON, L4H 4Z
Tel: 1.905.771.3800 / toll free: 1.877.311.3434
Fax: 1.905.771.6300 / toll free: 1.866.324.1838
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.