- Source new freight companies and receive quotes for rate comparisons
- Negotiate pricing and terms and manage carrier score cards appropriately to maximize efficiency and optimize costs
- Maintain Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable freight rates
- Work with carriers on charge backs and solidify approval to do so
- Make decisions on routing to maximize efficiency and capacity utilization.
- Troubleshoot delivery issues such as no shows, delays
- Act as backup to Senior Manager - Transportation with getting rate calculations and other duties as required
- Organize special ad-hoc shipments cost effectively by collecting bids from different carriers to get the best price at the highest service level
- Work closely with Operations and Supply Chain Department to achieve timely, effective delivery
- Develop and report carrier scorecards; monitor carrier performance and implement necessary corrective actions to improve services towards higher case fill rate
- Report expected and actual arrival dates to management
- Measure and improve logistics processes to deliver supply chain KPI targets On-Time Delivery %, cost, carrier performance, etc.
- Additional duties, as assigned
- Post-secondary education required in Logistics or a related field required
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years of relevant experience working in a fact paced logistics or warehousing type of environment with high SKU count
- Demonstrated experience working with carriers and managing a variety of load variations pertaining to the import and distribution industry
- Proficient with MS Office database systems (specifically Excel) required
- Proficiency with SAP is required
- Demonstrated ability and capability to work within tight and changing deadlines
- Ability to collect, review, organize, interpret, and present logical data and information with effectiveness
- High attention to detail, results oriented, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience and ability working with extremely complex information as related to analysis, problem solving, and develop effective solutions
- Demonstrated ability to receive nominal direction regarding work responsibilities, discretion and judgement must be exercised in translating broad organizational goals into specific objectives
- Demonstrated ability to provide direction regarding somewhat complex work that has general objectives
- Demonstrated understanding that work contributions have a direct influence beyond the immediate department and as such duties can result in significant loss time, financial loss and effect the morale of other employees
- Demonstrated ability to provide a moderate amount of creative or innovation in carrying out duties. Creative problem solving is encouraged but not integral to the position.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and collectively across the organization, customers, suppliers, or others outside the organization.
- Capability working with external and internal customers, discovering and comprehending their needs and providing efficient and effective support
- Understanding that work efforts will have a moderate effect on the employer brand or public reputation, as such behaviour and communications shall be professional and accurate at all times
- Most work is performed in a standard office environment with limited exposure to adverse conditions or health and safety risks
- Position requires low level of sustained visual attention, moderate manual dexterity on a regular basis with sitting at length
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Anatolia is a C-TPAT facility, and as such, successful candidates who receive an offer of employment are subject to applicable background checks (criminal, credit, references and employment verification). Anatolia is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. Anatolia will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known in advance. Interested applicants should submit their updated resume and application form on or before the posting deadline closes. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those meeting the minimum qualifications will be interviewed.
Successful candidates who are offered positions with our organization will be required to provide references and, depending on the specific role, may be subject to criminal and education background checks. Candidates requiring accommodation at any point during the recruitment process are encouraged to make their accommodation needs known. For additional information on requesting an accommodation, refer to our AODA Integrated Standard, available under the Corporate Compliance section of our website.
Vaughan, ON, L4H 4Z
Tel: 1.905.771.3800 / toll free: 1.877.311.3434
Fax: 1.905.771.6300 / toll free: 1.866.324.1838
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.