- Leads the development and execution of marketing plans for a portfolio of brands including sales materials, packaging, merchandising, product assortment/distribution, media/activation plans, and sampling programs.
- Develops and executes the innovation support plan for new products in collaboration with the Product Development Team and Business Development Team
- Develops content and communication for existing and new products
- Prepares presentations for clients, retailers, management and internal departments
- Works with the Creative department to develop advertising and signage concepts that meet brand guidelines
- Identifies customer & channel opportunities with recommendations on actions.
- Supports brand positioning and equity building initiatives.
- Works with the cross functional team to ensure go-to-market strategy is being followed and executed.
- Establishes and delivers Marketing metrics/measures and operating objectives ensuring functions are carried out with cost effectiveness and consistency with prescribed quality and performance standards.
- Liaises with suppliers of marketing materials, ensuring timely delivery to stores and/or distributors.
- Creates and updates standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions
- Owns Item Setup and Creation process with operations and cross functional team
- Manages database attributes to ensure they are accurate and reflective of the product
- Manages budgets and purchase order requisitions for the department
- Analyzes product performance and metrics and provides proactive insights and recommendation to drive growth
- Works closely with the Director - Marketing and Marketing Agencies to develop and execute an effective content and Social Media strategy
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing or a related field
- 5-7 years of Brand Management experience in the Consumer-Packaged Goods industry or Big Box Retailers is preferred. Experience in the tile and stone industry is a plus but not mandatory.
- Demonstrated proficiency in both strategic thinking and attention to detail.
- Passionate and proactive multi-tasker who can lead teams and projects independently.
- Strong sense of urgency and achievement, resilient and able to respond under pressure with excellent organizational skills to manage competing priorities.
- Experience in managing agencies, leading cross-functional partners and building strong and effective relationships
- Creative thinker who can bring in new ideas and approaches to processes
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated accountability, integrity, adaptability, and ability to problem solve on the fly
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Experience using Adobe Suite tools a plus
- Able to travel once or twice a quarter or as needed
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Anatolia is a C-TPAT facility, and as such, successful candidates who receive an offer of employment are subject to applicable background checks (criminal, credit, references and employment verification). Anatolia is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. Anatolia will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known in advance. Interested applicants should submit their updated resume and application form on or before the posting deadline closes. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those meeting the minimum qualifications will be interviewed.
Successful candidates who are offered positions with our organization will be required to provide references and, depending on the specific role, may be subject to criminal and education background checks. Candidates requiring accommodation at any point during the recruitment process are encouraged to make their accommodation needs known. For additional information on requesting an accommodation, refer to our AODA Integrated Standard, available under the Corporate Compliance section of our website.
Vaughan, ON, L4H 4Z
Tel: 1.905.771.3800 / toll free: 1.877.311.3434
Fax: 1.905.771.6300 / toll free: 1.866.324.1838
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.