Anatolia Tile & Stone is a leading importer and distributor of ceramic and stone tile and is a major supplier to some of the largest distributors throughout the United States and Canada. Based in Toronto, Anatolia Tile & Stone is a privately owned 100% Canadian corporation that is growing rapidly. Currently we are looking for an eager, motivated Business Development Manager to join our team.
The Business Development Manager will responsible for launch, promote and placement of our new porcelain slab program in all markets across Canada.
· Establish and define Anatolia’s overall strategy to ensure the best possible market penetration in all markets across Canada
· Identify the key target customers in each market and the hierarchy of interest for each segment in each market
· Develop, maintain, and improve business relationships with customers in order to support current and future business
· Analyze sales data to understand retail space and product placement activity to ensure maximum sales opportunity
· Utilization of all available channels such as e-commerce sites and store locations
· Partnering with Marketing teams to establish the marketing and merchandising needs to properly showcase our program in various customer showroom environments
· Supply all marketing collateral to promote product in store and online
· Partnering with supply chain team to ensure proper inventory levels are maintained
· Manage product life cycles (ex: newest products showcased on all channels, older items phased out through retailer website clearance promotions)
· Manage discontinuations of products and advise customers as needed
· Accountable for Business to Business sales with assigned retailers
· Identify areas for business development
· Develop and implement strategies for growing sales with current customers by understanding customer needs and executing sales/marketing strategies
· Negotiate terms with customers
· Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales processes and systems and conduct needs analyses and align with product offerings
· Establish and implement short and long-term goals and objectives to increase sales and volume
· Support the development and management of major customer accounts
· Coordinate sales operations with other departments within the company
· Assist with marketing initiatives and programs
· Keep up to date on industry trends, technologies, and advancements and analyze market trends and provide solutions
· Assist with special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
· Post-Secondary education in a related field from an accredited University, MBA considered a strong asset
· 2 to 4 years of sales and/or business development experience
· Experience within a similar industry preferred
· Strong knowledge in business development, sales, marketing and business analysis required
· Strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment and strong organizational skills
This position also requires:
· Demonstrated experience and ability working with moderately complex information as related to analysis, problem solving, and reasoning to perform job duties with effectiveness
· Demonstrated accountability for quality, compliance with technical standards, appropriateness, and conformity to organizational policy while receiving general direction regarding work responsibilities, discretion and judgement
· Ability to provide direction and guidance on somewhat complex work that has general instructions
· Demonstrated understanding that actions, decisions and approvals have a wide-ranging influence on the organization’s operations
· Demonstrated ability to apply a moderately high degree of creativity or innovation in carrying out duties
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and collectively with those outside the organizations as well as with other departments across the organization. Interactions with others is highly confidential and important
· Capability to deliver a consistently high level of customer service to external and internal customers is required. Work involves handling customer complaints in a professional manner and resolve the complaints as independently as possible with minimal support
· Understanding that work efforts has a direct impact on the employer and is considered a representative of the entire organization in certain areas as work involved developing and implementing programs or initiatives that directly impact the employer brand or public reputation
· Most work is performed in a standard office environment with limited exposure to adverse conditions or health and safety risks
· Infrequent to regular local and non-local (overnight) travel may be required.
· Position requires low level of sustained visual attention, moderate manual dexterity on a regular basis with sitting at length
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Anatolia is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the employment relationship. Anatolia will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to the Company.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Anatolia. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Anatolia is a C-TPAT facility, and as such, successful candidates who receive an offer of employment are subject to applicable background checks (criminal, credit, references and employment verification). Interested applicants should submit their updated resume and application form on or before the posting deadline closes.
At Anatolia we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those meeting the minimum qualifications will be interviewed.