Anatolia Tile & Stone is a leading importer and distributor of ceramic and stone tile and is a major supplier to some of the largest distributors throughout the United States and Canada. Based in Toronto, Anatolia Tile & Stone is a privately owned 100% Canadian corporation that is growing rapidly. Currently we are looking for eager, motivated Specialist - Transportation to join our growing team.
The Specialist- Transportation is responsible for Anatolia compliance to all rules and regulations (including Amendments) and sourcing carriers/partners for outbound shipments throughout Canada and the US. This position builds and maintain exceptional relationships with various transportation companies with specific focus on securing and managing shipments and costs in the best interests of Anatolia. The Specialist- Transportation will work closely with members of the warehouse, logistics, and supply chain teams to ensure the timely customs process for import and export clearance as well as carrier onboarding for outbound shipments to meet commitments to customers. This position will report into Senior Manager- Transportation who sits in Canada office (Woodbridge, Vaughan)
· Source new freight companies and receive quotes for rate comparisons
· Negotiate pricing and terms and manage carrier score cards appropriately to maximize efficiency and optimize costs
· Maintain Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable freight rates
· Work with carriers on charge backs and solidify approval to do so
· Make decisions on routing to maximize efficiency and capacity utilization.
· Troubleshoot delivery issues such as no shows, delays
· Act as backup to Senior Manager- Transportation with getting rate calculations and other duties as required
· Organize special ad-hoc shipments cost effectively by collecting bids from different carriers to get the best price at the highest service level
· Work closely with Operations and Supply Chain Department to achieve timely, effective delivery
· Develop and report carrier scorecards; monitor carrier performance and implement necessary corrective actions to improve services towards higher case fill rate
· Report expected and actual arrival dates to management
· Measure and improve logistics processes to deliver supply chain KPI targets On-Time Delivery %, cost, carrier performance, etc.)
· Additional duties, as assigned
· Post-secondary education required in Logistics or a related field required
· Minimum of 4 to 5 years of relevant experience working in a fact paced logistics or warehousing type of environment with high SKU count
· Demonstrated experience working with carriers and managing a variety of load variations pertaining to the import and distribution industry
· Proficient with MS Office database systems (specifically Excel) required
· Proficiency with SAP is required
· Demonstrated ability and capability to work within tight and changing deadlines
· Ability to collect, review, organize, interpret, and present logical data and information with effectiveness
· High attention to detail, results oriented, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This position also requires:
· Demonstrated experience and ability working with extremely complex information as related to analysis, problem solving, and develop effective solutions
· Demonstrated ability to receive nominal direction regarding work responsibilities, discretion and judgement must be exercised in translating broad organizational goals into specific objectives
· Demonstrated ability to provide direction regarding somewhat complex work that has general objectives
· Demonstrated understanding that work contributions have a direct influence beyond the immediate department and as such duties can result in significant loss time, financial loss and effect the morale of other employees
· Demonstrated ability to provide a moderate amount of creative or innovation in carrying out duties. Creative problem solving is encouraged but not integral to the position.
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and collectively across the organization, customers, suppliers, or others outside the organization.
· Capability working with external and internal customers, discovering and comprehending their needs and providing efficient and effective support
· Understanding that work efforts will have a moderate effect on the employer brand or public reputation, as such behaviour and communications shall be professional and accurate at all times
· Most work is performed in a standard office environment with limited exposure to adverse conditions or health and safety risks
· Position requires low level of sustained visual attention, moderate manual dexterity on a regular basis with sitting at length
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Anatolia is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the employment relationship. Anatolia will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to the Company.
Interested applicants should submit their updated resume and application form on or before the posting deadline closes. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those meeting the minimum qualifications will be interviewed.